Property is a game of confidence
19 June 2020
Andrew Schwartz, Managing Director and Co-Founder of Qualitas, shares his views and experience with Rob Langton, Managing Director of Development Ready, on the property market and how Qualitas is navigating the current economic climate.
Investment appetite for businesses depends on strategy – for Qualitas, its strategy aligns with today’s market conditions. Qualitas is holding and selectively deploying its dry powder, deepening its relationships with investors and developers, and upskilling in new sectors, such as build-to-rent.
Click on the following link to watch the full interview: https://www.developmentready.com.au/video-blog/the-interview-andrew-schwartz-founder-of-qualitas-group-
Andrew further discusses the following additional points in the interview:
- What is Australia’s timeline for recovery post-COVID (8:30)
- Qualitas’ current business appetite and strategy (15:28)
- Is distress presenting itself in the current market (18:28)
- Where the current opportunities for non-bank lenders (21:00)
- The Qualitas Real Estate Income Fund (28:20)
- What asset classes are facing challenges in today’s environment (30:56)
- Views on the Build-to-Rent (BTR) sector (31:58)
- How overseas investors view investment in Australia (34:34)
- Why developers enjoy working with Qualitas (37:25)